Health Commitment Statement
Last Updated: 17 Mar 2023
We are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy the equipment and
facilities that we offer. With this in mind, we have carefully considered what we can
reasonably expect of each other.
Our commitment to you
- We will respect your personal choice, and allow you to make your own decisions
about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise
beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that our equipment and facilities are
clean and safe for you to use and enjoy for the normal purpose they were intended
for. Bear in mind that we are not able to clean or inspect equipment and facilities
after each use.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that our staff are qualified to
Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity standards.
- If you tell us you have a disability that puts you at a substantial disadvantage in
terms of accessing our equipment and facilities, we will consider which
adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
- Do not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you
have a medical condition that might interfere with you exercising safely, you
should get advice from a relevant medical professional before you use our
equipment and facilities, and follow it.
- Make yourself aware of any rules and instructions, including warning notices, and
follow them. Exercise carries its own risks. When you are exercising, you are
responsible for the risks involved. You should not carry out any activities that you
have been told are not suitable for you.
- Let us know immediately if our equipment or facilities are unsafe to use or if you
feel ill when using our equipment or facilities. Our staff members are not qualified
doctors, but there will be someone available who has been trained in first aid.
- If you have a disability, follow the instructions provided to allow you to exercise
To download a PDF version of this document, click the button below.