Recipe of the month - Super Healthy Veggie Burritos!
Mar 02, 2022 | Blog
Check out our healthy burrito, packed with seasonal vegetables - you get all the great taste of the herbs and spices, but also have an eye on your fitness goals. This recipe can easily be adapted, just by throwing in whatever fresh ingredients you can find!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or lazy garlic!)
- 1 diced onion
- 1 sweet potato, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in garlic, onion, sweet potato, red and green pepper, cumin and then season with salt and pepper. Stir together so the veggies are coated in the spices and leave to cook for around ten minutes, stirring frequently. Cook until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Whilst the veggies are cooking, you can begin the scrambled eggs. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add cooking spray to another non-stick skillet and place on medium heat. Once hot, add in eggs and cook, folding every 30 seconds or until the eggs are fluffy. Remove from heat and set aside for later.
- Lay out the tortillas and evenly distribute the eggs and cooked veggies. Add 2 tsp of cheese to each tortilla. Tuck the ends in and roll up the tortillas to make the burrito.
- To warm up, add the burritos to an oven at 200 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Tuck in and enjoy!